Monday 22 October 2007

Darkroom

After using a print film SLR camera for the first time in years, it was time to print my own photos.
This would involve a darkroom. I got the negatives developed by one of my tutors and I was ready.
I was shown how to use an enlarger with the correct lenses to get the best out of my image; it took my a few trial and errors until I got a good image.

We were told about the paper we are using to print the image on, we learnt about light and time of exposure to the light. I had a few problems at first understanding and made plenty of mistakes exposing the images for to long a time in the light and having a black print when printed.

I found that my photos I took had good exposure and were really good images.

Here is one of the prints I created and scanned on to the computer.

No comments: